Starting at 2:00 p.m. PST today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha Ring will begin receiving the latest 1906 Xbox One system update (19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_190618362.4028.190516-1940).
- OS version released: 19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_190618362.4028.190516-1940
- Available: 2:00PM PDT 5/20/19
- Mandatory Date/Time: 3:00 AM PDT 5/21/19
This first update is meant to lay the groundwork for what’s to come in 1906, so while you’ll find fixes and known issues listed below, please keep an eye out for feature announcements as they’re ready to be previewed. Thanks, as always, for your passion for helping make Xbox One system updates the best they can be prior to release to GA!
- Users can watch full-screen Mixer streams on the Mixer Twist. Simply navigate to the Mixer twist, select a stream and hit A. Please test out these new features and provide feedback.
- Fixes addressing the stability of audio when the console comes out of Instant on mode.
- Fixes to narrator bugs in Settings.
- Various UI alignment fixes to the Home and settings.
- Localization fixes.
- Headsets are not being assigned to the users profiles and not working correctly.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
My Games and Apps – Apps/Games taking too long to start error help needed!
- We wanted to reach out and let you know about an experience you’ll begin encountering with an upcoming build of 1906.
- Starting with todays build of 1906, we’ve introduced a deliberate console crash when a game fails to launch due to an activation timeout (0x8027025A). We realize this isn’t the best experience, but this will help us better understand the increase in activation timeouts we’ve seen in recent releases. Here’s what you can expect if you hit an activation timeout while launching a game after taking this update:
- Your console will freeze on a “Something went wrong” error screen
- The console’s power button will begin flashing
- So that we can gather data and drive for a fix, please leave the console alone if you notice the behavior described above. Once the console is finished collecting information (approximately 2 minutes), it will shut down on its own. At this point, please turn your console back on, allowing the console to automatically upload the dump information that was collected in the background. After your console has rebooted, please file a bug using the “Report a problem” tool and indicate in the subject line that you hit the activation timeout console crash.
- Thanks for helping us track down and squash difficult bugs like this one prior to GA!